The City of Bainbridge is holding a photo contest to find images to use in City Hall once the renovation is complete. A total of ten photos will be chosen to be displayed in City Hall. Four photos will become murals in the lobby of the building, while the other six photos will be displayed in other areas of the building.
All amateur photographers are encouraged to enter the contest, which is now underway through March 15, 2013. Each photographer can submit up to three photos, which must be captured within the city limits of Bainbridge. Photos also must be taken between August 1, 2012 and March 15, 2013. Photos should depict everyday life in Bainbridge. Some examples include street scenes, scenic shots, historic structures and the Flint River.
In addition to having their photos displayed in City Hall, photographers who place fourth and above will also receive cash prizes. First place will be awarded $250, second place will win $150, $100 will go to the third place winner, and fourth place will receive $75.
A complete list of rules can be found below, or a printable version can be downloaded by clicking here.
For questions or more information, call 229-243-8555.
CITY HALL PHOTO CONTEST RULES
- All photos must be color digital images and must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and should include the following in the body of the email:
- Address (city, state and zip code)
- Phone number
- Date and location of where photo was taken
- Names of anyone pictured in the photo (from left to right)
- Name of Photo
2. Photos should be a minimum of 2 MB. Images should be in JPEG or TIFF format and may not contain boarders, frames, watermarks, date stamps, signatures or copyright notices. Adding or replacing elements in an image is not permitted.
3. All photos must be submitted by midnight on March 15, 2013.
4. Entrants do not have to live in Bainbridge, but all photographs MUST be images taken from within the city limits of Bainbridge.
5. Photos should be timeless, depicting present day life in Bainbridge. Examples include but are not limited to: scenic shots, street scenes, the Flint River and historic structures.
6. Photographers may submit up to three photos.
7. Entries must be submitted by the original photographer.
8. *No professional photographers please.*
9. A model release form must accompany each entry for photos contained recognizable people (form can be downloaded from our website, http://www.bainbridgecity.com).
10. Photos must be taken between August 1, 2012 and March 15, 2013.
11. Judges will select a first, second, third and fourth place winner, whose photos will be featured as murals in the lobby at City Hall. Winners will also receive cash prizes in the following denominations: First place – $250, Second place – $150, Third Place – $100, Fourth place – $75.
12. Judges will also award fifth through tenth place, whose photos will be displayed in City Hall.
13. Entries will be judged on creativity, photographic quality, composition and subject matter.
14. By submitting your photo, you hereby grant the City of Bainbridge (i) a nonexclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, distribute and publicly display the photographs you submit, and (ii) the right to use your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
15. All submitted photos become property of the City of Bainbridge and may be used for future marketing purposes.
16. Obscene, provocative and otherwise questionable content will not be considered.
17. The City of Bainbridge reserves the right to cancel or suspend this contest without notice due to any factors beyond our control.
18. The City of Bainbridge is not responsible for lost, misdirected or late entries, or for any failures pertaining to the transmitting or processing of entries.
19. By participating in this contest, you agree to hold harmless the City of Bainbridge, its directors, employees, and all others from any and all damages arising in whole or in part from this contest.